Saturday, January 25, 2014

Shirataki Pad Thai

Shirataki Pad Thai

Ok, so I haven't updated you in a while. It has been three weeks since starting the diet and I'm doing great! I have lost between 7 to 8 pounds total. I lost 6 pounds the first week. The above picture is what I made for dinner tonight. I know, you're thinking noodles! How!?! They're called Miracle Noodles. They are made from tofu and contain absolutely NO CARBS!!! In this recipe, they had a good consistency, absorbed the sauce, so they tasted good to me! I did tweak the above recipe a bit. Instead of tofu, I added chicken. I also added bean sprouts and sugar snap peas. It was very good, a bit spicy, but very good!

So, to be completely honest, I had a small hiccup the first week. It was a complete accident, so let me explain. I had made an enchilada bake in a 13x9 pan, so I thought I would have plenty of leftovers. Well, I guess this was a good thing, my son and I had seconds and there wasn't much leftover. So, on the first Saturday, we had to go out to dinner. Always dangerous, unless you have a plan. But, I had a plan. We were going to go to Texas Roadhouse and I was going to get a salad, steak, and broccoli. Simple, and totally on the diet. But when we got to Texas Roadhouse, there was a 55 minute wait.  So, we went to Pasta House instead. Talk about temptation! But I still ordered accordingly and didn't even touch a roll. I ordered a marsala steak, which is a non-breaded steak, and broccoli, and peas with proscutio and mushrooms.  Well, the peas is where I went wrong. It was the first diet my doctor had me on that I was allowed peas, because I remember making split pea soup. I got confused and thought they were allowed. They're not on my allowed food list because they are a starch!  Well, I just basically went on as though nothing had happened so I didn't give up and mess up even more. This seemed to work out wonderfully!

The part I am lacking in is the working out. I have started yoga again, which I love! My class is only once a week. But fitting in other work outs seems impossible. Almost every night of the week, I have something after work and don't get home until late. Then I still have to make a healthy dinner, pack my lunch for the next day, and then it's time to go to bed. I know it sounds like an excuse, but I'm finding exercise impossible to fit in. My weight loss doctor just wants me to walk 10, 15, or 20 minutes after each meal. Well, in the morning, I'm lucky to even eat breakfast before leaving the house. So, exercise afterward isn't an option. At lunch during the week, I only get 30 minutes, so there's no time to walk. Dinner's the only time this could even possibly work. He says that if you walk right after you eat, you don't ingest as many of the calories you just ate. This sounds like a great concept.  He says it really works, too!

So, again, if you have any suggestions for fitting in the workouts, please, please, please comment me!  I need the help majorly in this department! I promise to keep you more updated. I'm rewarding myself tomorrow with a makeover at Sephora for staying on my diet for 3 weeks. You should reward yourself with nonfood rewards regularly.

Talk to you soon! Jen~

No comments:

Post a Comment