Sunday, January 5, 2014

Meatloaf Cordon Bleu and Garlic Smashed Cauliflower

Meatloaf Cordon Bleu

Garlic Smashed Cauliflower

My first diet meal. See the above links to get the recipes and see better pictures.  My picture doesn't do them justice.  Also, for the garlic smashed cauliflower, I left out the chives. I didn't have any. It would have made them better!  I should have added a nice, green salad, but I ran out of time. I will definitely add tomorrow for lunch.  Tomorrow is my actual start date anyway. I like to make a meal the night before so I have something for lunch the next day. Both of these recipes are on my No Carb, No Sugar Pinterest Board. I'll share that with you soon.

It snowed about a foot here and the temps are in the negative. So, school got called off already for tomorrow. It might also be called for Tuesday. We'll have to wait and see.

I have all my grocery shopping done. Thank goodness, because of the snow! So I have everything I need to make all my healthy recipes this week.  I have a template I would like to share with you for a Weekly Meal Planner, but I'm not sure how to do this yet. I think I'll have to save it in Google Docs and share it. But it could be helpful if you want to do a plan like this. If you want it in the meantime, comment me with your email, and I'll email it you you.

The other component to losing weight, of course, is exercise. I need to start adding this to my schedule. I enjoy doing yoga and have signed up for a class which starts next week. I also have an elliptical machine and need to start using it. I'll start slow and work my way up to a reasonable time. My school district also pays for employees to use the local gym center, so I really have NO excuses. I have to schedule my workouts as if they are appointments with myself, and stick to them! My weight loss doc always says, "Put it in the schedule and adhere to the schedule!" It should be that simple. I guess I need to sit down, really study my schedule and figure out the best time for me to realistically workout. If you have any feedback about how to do this, how to stick to it, let me know. I would love the help with this. I really struggle with this part.  It's weird, it's so hard to get myself to workout, but yet, I absolutely LOVE the feeling when I'm finished working out.

All right, that's my next task. Schedule in workouts. Need to go and evaluate my schedule. XO, Jen~

No comments:

Post a Comment